1) You are consenting to receive updates on products/services available, free and chargeable and marketing emails. The lawful basis for the processing of your personal data is therefore consent.
2) The purpose of the processing is to provide you with information you have requested (e.g. about our products and services).
3) We will communicate with you by email only, unless you give us further consent, and ask us, to communicate by different means.
4) The emails are published by/sent by The Start-Up Studio, which will process and store your data. We will initially store state what you keep e.g. your email address, your first name and last name only. However if you order products from us, use our services or give us additional information about yourself for any other reason, we might also store state other information e.g. your occupation, employer or company name, your postal address and your telephone number, along with information on what products and services you have bought from us.
5) Your data will be retained until you tell us you want to withdraw your consent or if a different lawful basis is used, adapt this accordingly, but in accordance with data protection legislation, we may check with you from time to time that our records remain accurate and up to date. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the link at the bottom of every email that we send / by sending us an email with the subject line as 'unsubscribe'.
6) Your data and contact details will be shared with the following organisations:
a) MailChimp which is a US based company we use to send emails. We have entered into an agreement with them whereby they agree to to store and process your data in accordance with the EU privacy shield.
b) Dropbox Inc., which is a US based company we use to store our documents, which includes backups of our subscribers list. Dropbox has ISO 27018 (the internationally recognised standard for leading practices in cloud privacy and data protection), is certified for compliance with the EU privacy shield and it has undertaken to comply with the provisions of the GDPR.
7) You have the following rights in respect of the processing of your personal data:
b) The right of access
c) The right to rectification
d) The right to erasure
e) The right to restrict processing
f) The right to data portability
g) The right to object
h) Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
For more information about these rights please visit: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights
i) You also have the right to be informed if a significant breach of data security occurs and this might pose a high risk of adversely affecting individuals rights and freedoms.
8) If you have any concerns about how we have processed your personal data, you should raise this with us in the first instance. Please contact Helen Munshi, firstname.lastname@example.org and/or 34 St Margaret's, London Road, Guildford, GU1 1TL giving details of your concerns. We will aim to respond within 7 calendar days.
9) You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (The Information Commissioner's Office) if you feel your concerns have not been dealt with properly, and in order to do so please go to https://ico.org.uk/concerns/handling/
The Start-Up Studio
11th July 2018